Ross Dunn is Director of World History for Us All, an online model curriculum for world history in schools. World History for Us All is a project of the National Center for History in the Schools at the University of California, Los Angeles.
World History for Us All is a powerful, innovative model curriculum for teaching and learning about the human past.
World History for Us All:
- offers a treasury of teaching units, lesson plans, and resources.
- presents the human past as a single story rather than unconnected stories of many civilizations.
- helps teachers meet state and national standards.
- enables teachers to survey world history without excluding major peoples, regions, or time periods.
- helps students understand the past by connecting specific subject matter to larger historical patterns.
- draws on up-to-date historical research.
- may be readily adapted to a variety of world history programs.
World History for Us All is a national collaboration of K-12 teachers, collegiate instructors, and educational technology specialists. It is a project of the National Center for History in the Schools at UCLA. The project continues under development as new instructional materials are added, resources updated, and new design and interactive elements are introduced.